Saturday, January 21, 2012

You Can Do It: Lip Balm

I've seen a lot of people make their own lip balms. & most recently I saw it on Chick Advisor! (Check it out here: http://www.chickadvisor.com/article/diy-beauty-create-your-own-tinted-lip-balm/ ) It looked fairly simple and extremely customizeable. The truth is, it is! I had a day off today and decided I'd test it out!




What you need:
- petroleum jelly
- peppermint oil
- pigments
- container for your creation

Grab some of your petroleum jelly and place it in a bowl. Mix in your choice(s) of pigments until completely blended and until you have the colour you desire. I used a red, orange-red & golden pink pigment. After your pigment and petroleum jelly is mixed completely, add a couple drops of peppermint oil to the mix to get a desireable scent. Mix well. You're done!



Easy as that! It's simple and cheap! Your supplies will last for multiple batches. The colour combinations are quite endless as well. If you're not a peppermint fan, you could use a different essential oil; cinnamon, lavender, or orange oils are all options.

I purchased the peppermint oil from work (I work in a pharmacy!) As well as the petroleum jelly. The pigments were from a couple different companies.

Hope you enjoy this! Try it out & let me know how it goes for you!


2 comments:

  1. Such a cool project! I love the color you made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's so simple too! I just kept adding bits of pigment until I finally came to this colour & was like yeah, this is alright! :)

    ReplyDelete